Palmitos Park, located in Maspalomas, is one of the best Gran Canaria theme parks. Several shows take place during the day, and it is possible to see all, if you start early. We strongly recommend the "Birds of Prey" show, where you will see eagles flying through the valley, above the heads of those watching. The Dolphin show is also highly recommended.
If you want to touch the dolphins and learn more about them, you can pay a little extra for "The Dolphin Encounter." Tickets are only available once you are inside the park, and you must go early (we recommend 10 o'clock) as there are only two groups of 18 people allowed per day. Each "Encounter" lasts half an hour.
- Dolphins show: 13.30h and 16.00h
- Birds of Prey Exhibition: 11:30 and 15:00 hours
- Primates Island: with Orangutans and Gibbon primates, pictured below
Plenty of mammals from different parts of the world: coaties from south
America, wallabies from Australia and Tasmania, Talopoins from Africa, and meerkats from South Africa (see photos below).
- "Blue World" Aquarium: with tropical fish, can be visited throughout the day
- Parrots show: 10:30, 11:30, 14:30, 15:30 and 16:30 hours
- Exotic Bird Exhibition: 14:00 hours
- Cactus Garden
- Butterfly House
- Orchid House
- Birds from every continent
- Reptiles: such as Caimans and Komodo Dragon lizards
- Kitchen (New, opened July 2012): Here you can watch how the cooks prepare the meals for all the animals.
- Nursery (New, opened July 2012): Here you can see the different bird eggs in the incubators.
- Restaurant "La Palapa": Here you can eat fresh salads, steak, Italian food, etc. Open from 12.00 to 15.30 hours.
- Souvenir and photography shops inside
Discounts are available if you buy your tickets online. If you also want to visit the Aqualand waterpark, you will get a special rate for both parks together. Click here to go to the online tickets store. (Opens in a new window).
By car: Free parking areas are available GPS: 27º49'53"N 15º37'04"W
By taxi: About 5€ from Maspalomas or Playa del Inglés.
By bus: Line 45 (from San Agustin or Playa del Ingles) or 70 (from Puerto Rico, Amadores, or the lighthouse).
It is important to check the timetables of the buses, because they don't run during the whole day.
Take bus no. 30 from Santa Catalina, or San Telmo bus terminals. Then you will need to get off at San Agustin or Playa del Ingles and catch bus number 45. We recommend to get off at the lighthouse (last stop), and then see if bus number 70 is about to arrive. If it isn't, there are plenty of taxis available right there, and the park is only 5 minutes away.
Palmitos Park Contact information:
Barranco de Los Palmitos s/n.
Tel.: (00) 34 928 797 070
The opening hours are from 10.00 to 18.00 hours, but they will only let you in, till 17.00 hours.